Monday, September 24, 2007

continued update

House

Brien has been hard at work trying to finish off the living room and bedroom. He's great!

The curtains aren't hemmed and they need more tabs to hold them up properly. My mom will be (hopefully) bringing a bit of material for more tabs when she comes up when the baby is born.

Brien has designed a custom unit that he will be putting in our closet.

We actually moved our furniture into the bedroom on Sunday night. It feels so nice to be sleeping up on a bed frame. We've been on the 2 matresses on the floor since we moved into the house last November. It's now much easier for me to get out of bed. Oh, if you want a reminder of the "before" check this out. Wood panelling and mirrors in the master bedroom.

Pregnancy


I think my face looks funny in the following picture, something about the eyes. My nose has swollen during pregnancy, and I notice the increased size depending on the angle of the photo. This picture from this past Saturday (9/22/07) when I was on my way to my Ely baby shower.

Projects

A few of us get together and sew. My baby's quilt is our first project. Emily is our fearless leader, because she is the only one who has actually completed a quilt. We machine quilted the blanket, we started Thursday night and it was going quite quickly. Emily and Jessica worked hard on Friday to finish it up for the Ely baby shower this past Saturday! I will try and post picture of the finished quilt later.

Emily pretending that I'm not taking a picture.
Feet

I guess there is no "before" picture to compare my feet to. Let it suffice to say that on occasion my toes look like vienna sausages and I am unable to spread my toes. I fear that the tennis shoes I have been wearing (the only shoes I wear besides flip flops) will be too stretched out for me to wear again after the pregnancy is over.

Brien

I would love to post a picture with Brien in it, but the most recent one consists of him mooning the camera. He decided today that it's a bad idea to have it posted on the internet. Even the doctored photo that has a black box over the butt and eyes is too racy for him. Who knew he could be so shy?

2 comments:

The San Diego Mills said...

Hey lady, good to hear from you! I got the baby shower invite that you sent and would have come had I still been living in Las Vegas at that time! Anyway, your house looks great and it's really cool that we're having babies right around the same time! I'll be checking up on you via the blog and would love you to do the same! Congrats! Tell the hubby hello for me! I still think it's so cool that you guys got married, you're a great couple! Okay, I'm done!

Lacey said...

I can't wait till you have the baby.
You're house looks great.
If only we were motivated house fixer uppers.
I think I'll get the rooms painted just in time to move.